Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cupcake Crumbs? Noo, Crumb's Cupcakes!

Well a few weeks ago, after our lovely dinner at Cafetasia, Chris, (Chris's friend Matt (hey, Matt!)), and I went across the street to Crumb's Bake Shop in order to satisfy our sweet-tooth. Crumbs has a bunch of locations on the east and west coats, but the one we went to was located on 37 East 8th St (University/Broadway).

Needless to say, Chris and I ordered the red velvet cupcake, the mother of all cupcakes (in my opinion).



A tid bit of background: Crumbs opened in 2003 on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, and has been baking their irresistible treats ever since! They have more than 50 varieties of cupcakes, deliver right to your doorstep, and always have a cupcake of the week.

As you can probably tell by the two forks, Chris (shown stuffing his face to the left) and I split one. But what the pictures don't show you is that the cupcake was huge! But worth every calorie :) See, it's okay to splurge!


The red velvet was moist and fluffy and melted in your mouth.
I'm not particularly a cupcake fan - I'd much rather enjoy a homemade patch of cookies - but this was heavenly. The rich frosting wasn't too sweet and didn't overwhelm the cake in the least. Now, if only I could make a cupcake that good...







No comments:

Post a Comment