Monday, August 30, 2010

Afternoon Arugula Salad

I never really had the intention of posting meals that I have throughout the course of my day, but I feel so strongly about this salad that I need everyone to know about it!

My love for arugula has grown over the past few months, and I've created this salad around that love. This salad is almost too easy to make and can be switched up to suit your individual taste pallet.


All you need is:
  • Arugula (I like this leaf because it has a distinct taste and goes great with the other ingredients)
  • Craisins (If you haven't had these yet, try them. You will love them)
  • Walnuts (Because everyone loves nuts in their salad)
  • Cheese (I usually use fresh mozzarella, but today I had leftover goat cheese so I used that, and feta works just as well!)

Optional:

Red Onion
Cucumber
Croutons
Olives? (I'm not a fan, but if you like them, more power to ya)

I never measure out the ingredients for this salad. I feel that the amounts of each you use depends on how much you like each ingredient. So just start tossing some of each on a plate, you'll know when enough is enough :)

Dress it up


Because this salad is so refreshing and light, I never like to use a heavy, creamy dressing. I usually use oil and vinegar, but I ran out of vinegar, so I replaced it with this awesome balsamic I had in the cabinet. It's actually a Vanilla Fig Balsamic, and I suggest everyone go out and buy it now! I know it may sound odd to some people, but I actually got this at Marshalls for $5.99. My uncle, a restaurant owner in Florida, told me to buy it, and I am so glad I did. The flavor of this balsamic is sweet with a little bite to it. Paired with oil to calm it down a bit, it's perfect over this salad.

So there you have it, my favorite salad of all time. I hope everyone likes it just as much as I do! Enjoy!

1 comment: